I find it hard to believe that there are actually people in this country who, when we send our boys into a place to kill people, that they are offended when our boys kill people. I have to agree with Ken on this one, we don't know the whole story, and the Marine did what he thought necessary.

I was against the invasion of Iraq, but I am also a realist. We're there now, and the only way to get out with any crediblity is to finish the job, and help in the rebuilding.

The sad thing is that this young man will be sold down the river of political expediency so as to prove to the world how just and fair we are. Meanwhile, the insurgents will continue to use the dead and wounded for booby traps, behead civilians, and hide behind their own citizens during firefights.

If anyone's interested, Reuters website has raw, unedited footage of the operations in Iraq (click on the "television" link). Once you see the tactics of the insurgents, you will understand the futility of an undisciplined militia going against a professional military.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --H. L. Mencken

www.oregonfirearms.org