The term "Custom Rifle" has been degraded over the last few years with the stainlees steel and plastic market..Those IMO are simi custom rifles and they bring as much as $10,000 but for the life of me I cannot imagine how other than some folks believe that price is the ultimate indicator of value and in some cases it is but this isn't the place.

The cost of a true custom rifle is mostly in the wood and the craftsmanship of that build. same applies to metal work..

Most of the high dollar SS and plastic guns I see cost about $1800 to build with a few exceptions that may be higher in production cost, but my question is are they better, will they shoot better..A simple custom quality $400 ss barrel with a good $400 plastic stock on a Rem 700 $400 action stuck together in glass will shoot mighty tiny groups and were at $1500 with all the tricks plus labor, so I don't see the high dollar modern stuff...I can see a lot of value in a a traditional wood stock, that is expensive wood (that is also another story)and labor intensive and skill that took maybe 30 plus years to develope, that is "custom"...

I know, the new kids, the 1000 yard snipers, on the block are thinking I have lost it, maybe I have, but if so , I earned the right. smile smile smile and its only my opinnion.