A good friend of mine recently purchased a DPMS Sportical 5.56. At the time he ordered the Sportical I suggested he also order a Free Float Tube to replace the Plastic Handguards since I have the tools needed to do this.

Well we replaced the Plastic Handguards with a DPMS Vented Aluminum Carbine Length Free Float Tube and did a "15 Minute Trigger Job" on it. In addition to the "15 Minute Trigger Job" we also used a 1/4X28 TPI set screw screwed in in front of the Grip Bolt to preload the trigger to eliminate most of the pretravel (turned the set screw in until there is no play in the trigger when the safety is applied).

My buddy is using ammo he got from me (55gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips loaded with H-4895 in LC Brass with CCI-400 Primers) and is consistantly getting 3/4" 5 shot groups at 150 yards. Plus he is yet to have a malfunction of any kind.

My friend has taken several Coyotes with this Sportical now and you'd be hard pressed to convince him there is a better AR.

NOPE they may not be for everyone but for a Hunting Carbine my friend is sure happy.

Larry