Jeff,

Shaw is only about 20mi from me. The Savage format is one that I don't find attractive, however we have all seen more than a couple that were great shooters.

They used to be a little backroom gunsmith business. In the last few years their business has grown considerably along with the type of work they do. The MK7 is but one example.

They are still essentially a small gunsmith business and are someplace on the growth learning curve. No excuses for them, but I have a feeling of what is going on down there. Then again it just may be a Burgh thang. Also wouldn't be the first GS I've come across who was short on proper phone/email etiquette.

Again, Shaw is not some big rifle company with all the bells, whistles and employee training programs. More like a mom and pop rifle company. You possibly already knew that, but if not just some background.

Addition: The Savage format is one that has a reputation of accuracy. If that is what I was after, and could get it for just over $600 dollars, I would be willing to compromise on some of the other friendly extras. Ever dealt with Browning?

Last edited by battue; 02/18/10.

laissez les bons temps rouler