There have been a lot of small rifle builders come and go, so Shaw might find that they can't reach a sustained volume of production that is high enough to at least break even financially.

I think that it is very hard to try and order a MK7, as there isn't any menu to work off, just a big list of possibles and while the barreled action might be OK, the stocks look pretty cheesey to me. When I was trying to order a MK7 rifle, I asked if I could just order the barreled action and have the stock value discounted from the total price, but that wasn't an option. When you place an order for a McMillan stock, you know what you've contracted for and if it arrives with differences you can work with McM to get it right. I don't feel comfortable with the MK7 ordering process, too much ambiguity for me.

I don't have any skin in this game, but I am a guy who regularly spends $25K per year on shooting sports equipement and I can't see any portion of that going to Shaw anytime soon.

I have never dealt with Browning on repairs, but have been happy with my parts orders from their operation in Arnold, MO. My interest in Browning rifles pretty much ended when FN stopped making them and I'm generally a Remington 870,1100, and 3200 shotgun shooter, with the odd SKB thrown into the sporting clays mix.

Jeff