I shoot a custom 9.3mm RUM (9.3 Ashley). I built the rifle on an SPS 300 RUM doner action and was talked into a standard weight 26" tube by PACNOR (Big MISTAKE!)I had wanted to go with a 25" safari profile heavier barrel. For reference I enjoy recoil to include my RSM 500 Jeffery, RSM 458 Lotts.... However, that 9.3mm in my 8lb rifle is a whole different ball game. I haven't done much with it lately because of this. I find it to be less than fun to shoot. I was able to push 250grn Nolsers over 3100 fps and 286grn NP at 2850fps (until I finally got Quick Loads and realized my calc. pressures were about 75k PSI)YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK YOUR LOADS since my 700 didn't show a lot of pressure signs. At this point I think that one needs to really set a rifle up for this kinda recoil much more so than for your standard big bore rounds. Since I got a 325 WSM and a 416 Rigby (and 2 375 H&H's) the 9.3mm is kinda of an odd duck right now. I'll mostly buy a HS stock with TWO recoil reducers and try some more with it once I draw an Elk tag. However, I may rechamber my Win 70 Safari in 375 H&H to 375 RUM? confused Since I picked up my Kimber 89BGR my winchester has gotten a little too dusty. I was thinking about convertinga RSM in 375 H&H to 378 Weatherby but opening the Win 70 up to 375 RUM might be the best way to go?

Brad smile

Last edited by pillshooter; 03/02/10. Reason: Added Info