Originally Posted by Dufur
well, I am at book max.. ur right.. it doesn't show any obvious over pressure signs. bolt lift, ejection, are good. no head stamps on the case head. Primer pockets are still tight. I'm at book max per nosler. 260 gr ab at 2950 w/24" bbl. Imr 4350 96 gr. You are right however...the more I shoot this 8 lb gun, the more I have decided that yes it does kick the [bleep] outta me. At first I thought it was a walk in the prk but after 20 rds in a session I have a headache. it comes back hard and fasssst. moreso than my other rums. The gun is just so light and that's the reason. I am determined to learn to shoot it well however. I figure if I can shoot the hard kickin sob well then all the rest will seem really like a walk in the park.. mind over matter! I do usually run my rums right at book max or so.. I figure I have them for the performance so wring it out. To a point...that is. Still like my face and enjoy getting 5 or more reloads per case. I haven't owned a 375 H&H or others so I cant know how much they kick or if the extra one gets with the rum is worth it. The rum is what I have and that's what I'll shoot. It can't be much worse if at all over the 378 wby even though the mark V is heavier. That has to push back at book loads. no question. The bench is the hardest part of shooting these I think... just have to fool the brain and relax and take the hit with it to get good groups... turn it off if you will smile.. I usually bring several rifles to the range and start with the lightest caliber and end with the 375 rum. That way shooting the 375 doesn't make me jumpy when testing loads on the others. It do make you feel like it has enough power to kill all creatures that walk/crawl however. Not a bad thing smile

I'm picking up my 375 Wby today. I'm kind of at the opposite end of the spectrum. It's aleady a 9-lb rifle, and I'm installing on it an-11-oz mercury tube, a Harris bipod (on a yet to be installed swivel stud at the end of the forend), and a one-metric-ton Bushnell Elite 6500 scope. I think I will be looking at about 12 lbs when it's done. My 340 Wby Accumark is about 11 lbs, and its recoil feel milder than my Rem 700 BDL in 300 Win Mag. This kind of thing gives me motivation to keep my own weight down (to offset my fattened rifles) and to work out hard so I can carry them around. At age 42, I still prefer carrying around a heavy rifle to having it kick my brains out.