Fellers- yet another post with a photo I previously posted regarding the d/t'd receiver of my (now ID'd- thanks guys) 1952 Model 99EG.
I just acquired a Lyman 4x All American that I thought would be a nice addition to my rifle. As stated in a previous post, I will likely hunt with the iron sights next season just for the experience but an inexpensive option (the Lyman) presented itself and I jumped on it. Hopefully, the scope is being packaged and shipped as we speak but now I need some advice on mounting it, ie. base/rings etc. I'm re-posting the photo just to again show the location of the mount holes which I imagine are pretty standard. I'd also be curious to know some dates on this particular scope- online research didn't offer up much info. but was it a common and popular scope in the 50's? Earlier? Later? I'll likely acquire a more modern scope in the future but wanted to match the rifle to a scope of the day. Any and all advice is of course welcome. I just want to make sure I at least sound like I know what I'm talking about whenever I show-off my rifle to any of my (likely to be jealous) friends. smile

You all have been a great resource. Thanks! Kev

http://img535.imageshack.us/i/savageo.jpg/

I'm Kev

<---He's Grady. Australian Shepherd... aka. Super-G.