Mouse falls silent...

Good riddence. I am not one to jump on the bandwagon just because something is popular. I believe that just because something is popular, doesn't necessarily make it the best. But when you have tens-of-thousands of discerning hunters who take as much care in picking their equipment as those of us on here, you can be pretty sure it has something going for it. And when something becomes the icon against which all others in its class are judged, and has the proven, time-tested reputation that the Nosler Partition does, you can be pretty sure you can rely on it. It'll get the job done, reliably. Even if something can do it better, but it'll never be a bad choice. That's how I feel about the M1911, and that's how I feel about the Nosler Partition.

If the Accubonds give me reason, I would have no qualms going with a 175 gr Partition in my 7mm Rem Mag. That's saying alot from me because I have pretty unrealistic expectations from my bullets. I basically demand perfection. In fact it was me who started the afermentioned threat about brush deflection in "Ask the Gunwriters." Because yes, I foolishly expected my bullet to make it through some three feet of brush.

Live free or die.