Dober, LOW has a return slot rule. from 30 inches on through 40 inches in length you must release them. limit is 3 fish per person and you may keep one over 40".

All of those 37's & the 38 incher were released immediately. We kept the 29 incher that one was supper last night (lemon pepper is the seasoning you see Pam sprinkling on the fillet in the photo) We baked the fillets with the little bit of butter you see in the photos, then the lemon pepper & a few cap fulls of lemon juice. We had fresh asparagus & baked taters as a side dish, really good supper.

Dusty brought the 42 incher home.

It will soon be occupying many, many glass pickle jars shocked

As far as depth & rigging, ice thickness was about 3�, depth from the top of the ice to the lake bottom was 8�. So we has about 5� of water under the ice. We use a couple of different types of rigs on the tip ups. I use mostly braided nylon or Dacron line, heavy stuff like 50lb or better. Dusty likes fly fishing line on his rigs & actually I really like that too.

For the rigs, we use a quick strike type. I say quick strike type because we make our own. We use good quality leader line with a pair of hooks. Most of my rigs use a pair of trebles, must of Dusty�s use those single barbed hooks with the backside spur hook to sink into the bait. Then we�ll put a spinner blade further up the leader rig to give a little flash & help draw attention to the bait. For the bait we use mostly live sucker minnows. We�ll use frozen cisco and smelt too though.

This is a picture I found while googling "quick strike rig" this is pretty much what I use. The end trebble goes in the sucker's nose, the mid trebble is a slider & I stick it in the sucker's back. That way the bait hangs straight & balanced.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.