Ryan...For deer size game and under "how far" is simply a matter of the shooter not the bulet. If you can put a bullet into a 9" paper plate or a plain 8.5"x11" piece of of paper everytime at 300 yards then a deer with a heavy cast bullet will die with a good lung hit. Once you get past the point where a bullet isn't going to reliably expand anymore, it just becomes as John Linbaugh says "a hole punch" and the bigger the hole the better. That's why I use that CPBC 255 grain cast bullet. It has a meplat of .33. The next largest I've found on a .41 is .32 on some Beartooth Bullets. Most LBT .44 bullets only run .34-.35 so that 255 .41 bulet is righ there as being the biggest possible for the caliber. Go to sixgunner.com and go to the Linbaugh Custm Gun site and read his articles. They are excellent. Also over there see the Paco Kelly articles on the .41. "Heavy Bullets in the .41 Magnum" and "The .41 Magnum 'Sunday's Child' ". Jim Taylor also has some good articles on the .41 over there. The Blackhawk .41 is a great shooter. I found one last year used in excellent condition with a pair of oversized Herrett grips for $189.95. Wholesale on the gun right now id $260. The trigger broke clean with very little pre-travel but at about 6-7#. A friend told me to just remove the grips and take one of the trigger return spring legs off the post and it was an instant trigger job. Now it breaks at a nice 4#. Putting a scope on is very easy. Just get the Weaver no-gunsmith mount. I have one that was on my Ruger Blackhawk .30 Carbine and is about to be tried on the 6.5" .41. Bushnell makes a nice 2 power and a 2-6 power scope with 32mm objectives that can be had for under $200. For your long shots you would probably want the 2-6x32mm. For dies try a set of Lee. I just started using one of their Carbide Factory Crimp dies last night and it works great. Buy their regular carbide set and then the extra Factory Crimp Die so you don't have to change your setting on the seating die when you crimp. You should always crimp as a separate step from bullet seating. Hope to see you as a .41 shooter soon.....Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....