I do not have an ATV, but I can talk helmets. Riding a 4-cylinder Honda in the right hand lane in 6 lanes of work traffic in Tucson, a german shepherd came barreling from behind a fence and ran full speed into the front wheel of my cycle. Yeah, killed him instantly! A police car was on my left. Noticing him, I had just glanced at my speedometer moments earlier; 40 mph. The cycle and I parted company. The guy behind me stopped (thank God); he said my head hit the pavement first and bounced like a rubber ball. He figured I was a dead man. I ruined (as in shredded) my Levis, denim shirt, ground off the front of my belt buckle, part way through my leather gloves and my boots, and ground off two of the snaps at the top of my face shield. The Bell helmet had an ugly gash ground into the back of it. Me?? I got a bruised hip and was sore a couple of days. I pulled the cycle out of the street, with the help of the policeman and the guy who was behind me, tied some loose pieces of my faring in place with some bungie cords, and rode it home.<P>I believe in helmets!<P>------------------<BR><I><B>Critr</B></I><BR> <A HREF="http://www.SaguaroSafaris.com" TARGET=_blank>www.SaguaroSafaris.com</A><BR> "Let's break out some Winchesters, boys." (Chisum)

Critr