Rick, Didn't get back to you over the weekend, because I left my password at work<P>I hunt the east side of the West Elk Wilderness around the Castles and Storm Mountain Pass. The area is horses only because you have to pack in and then around a large block of private land. This is about 9 miles. Or you can go in at Mill creek ,but it's a pretty steep climb. A good area is Soap Basin West of that about 15 miles. There is a way in to it from the south, but a have just ridden into from the east, which is a 25 mile ride.<P>However, this year, I drew a Muzzle Loader tag for my 2nd choice, and I'm going to be hunting the Medano Pass area in the Southern Sangre De Chisto Range,East of the Sand Dunes and north of La Vet. Then I'm guiding a friend on a sheep hunt.If I can help you out anyway , let me know. A few years ago, I helped Jump Trap out wih some directions when him and his boy came out to Co to hunt.<P>you can reach me at vincent.mautino @itt.com

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles