I have no ego on this or anything else for that matter. I'll take advice to improve what I can do or to learn any trick I can.

I do have strong opinions on things I have seen dozens and even hundreds of times. Ego's are a bad thing to a mans future. Too big an ego means no more education.

I have been blood tracking game as you might imagine for decades. I've seen enough blood trails to quickly sort out most of them without effort.

About two weeks ago I was bow hunting texas with my Partner(girlfriend) and we folled a blood trail for about 100 yards where it ended abruptly and died.......? I stood and scanned the area and mulled over the next option. She had never done this before and stood next to me waiting on my directive. Then she said Maybe he turned around and backtracked over the same blood trail. Hmmm She is a lady that has never blood tracked before and yet blurted out some thought that popped in her head.
1) Laugh it off as being sooo cute from her to think this?
2) maybe she's right?

I ask her to slowly go back as she came and look on the left side for where the boar left, and I would take the right side. We found that the boar went in a big circle and was laying dead about 25 yards behind the end of his blood trail. So she had nailed this event perfectly. An Ego in that event could have led to hours of further searching or a lost hog. Although I would like to believe I would have found it by eventually backtracking it was quite clever for a novice to have had that opinion and then been willing to say it without fear of ridicule.

Don't ever let an Ego get in the way of your education or good advice!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)