So, JJ,, You've heard from the "old 'n slow", trad group. Compounds are so very efficient.. So take advantage of that. Go with a heavier arrow and make a good poke. But,, if you might be the slightest "curious".....

I understand wanting every arrow the same... I've made my own, ultra-spine tester and make each wooden arrow with exacting precision.... And I load each cartridge precisely, choosing the last piece of powder to make the exact charge.....

But really,, keep your yardages within 20-25yds,, and lob a slow, heavy arrow. Your forebearers didn't have your technology, or rangefinders..... Technology has taken us further from the true hunt and made it into a target shoot.

Wish I could find the pic of a longbow archer lying flat on the ground at full draw to send you and show others.... Really,, the simpler you get,, the simpler it gets... and the yardages shrink from 60yds,, to 16yds and 6yds.. Really! I've had deer at <10 ft,, elk under 10yds,, and coyotes in super close.. even know people with scars from coyotes that bit them, when finding out the "screaming bunny",, wasn't.

So.... Go simple and heavy. If you stay with the compound,, shoot feathers and shoot heavy and balanced/tuned. If you want to stray to "another way".... Welcome!!

Again,, so happy that you're asking the questions and have been pleased to see the respectful remarks left by others.

Good shooting,, and Have fun!... Ken