Originally Posted by JJHACK
I have no ego on this or anything else for that matter. I'll take advice to improve what I can do or to learn any trick I can.

I do have strong opinions on things I have seen dozens and even hundreds of times. Ego's are a bad thing to a mans future. Too big an ego means no more education.

Don't ever let an Ego get in the way of your education or good advice!

You have a very good attitude about this and I appreciate your openness. If my replies "sound" snide in any way that is not my intent.

In my many years of bowhunting I didn't start to appreciate heavy arrow until maybe 6-7 years ago. Back when I started hunting in the 80's I had good sucess with pass throughs until I switched to overdraw and shorter faster [and lighter] arrows. I still killed pretty much everything but looking back now, I realize the speedy setup was not as lethal. All of my longtime bowhunting aquaintances have gone through this same speed phase and now ALL shoot arrows on the heavy side.
It really became apparent on a waterbuff hunt [link;]
http://www.digitalpublisherpro.com/Magazine.php?member_id=2&pub_id=119&issue_id=375
My buddy had issues with a lighter setup and almost got a guy killed.

Multiple reasons for the heavier arrows inc. quiet with less string jumping, tuning etc. You really appreciate it when you make a bit of a high shot on something like a big boar and the arrow blows through both shoulders.

So bottom line, with me heavier is almost always better especially if you have a rangefinder. [I'm shooting Axis 300's with 125g Snuffer at 465gr]

"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win."

Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out-Art Linkletter