I've stayed out of this because it was GSP vs. Lab. I've trained and owned them all and of the two, I like Labs. And, while I love all bird dogs, I stayed out of this because of both these breeds, I favor other dogs, so it wasn't my place to comment. But, your last post touched a nerve.

Well, where to begin. I will apologize ahead of time, because perhaps I'm in a bad mood and I've misinterpreted your post. So, here goes

I'll take a horseback pointer or setter over any NAVHDA dog. While it may not be possible, it sure seems these tests are more contrived than a horseback or grouse test. Choose the breed you want, its of no concern to me, but operate from a love of the breed and ability--not of tests and money.

As for back yard breeders, I would argue that there are more disreputable big name breeders at $500 a pup than the guys that do it for the betterment of the breed and nearly give their dogs away. Its the "name" breeders and fixed pedigrees that caused DNA testing to be forced into the mix.

Last edited by Huntaria_Setters; 04/26/10.