A 'smith friend of mine and a bunch of his customers have been having unusually tough times trying to make a couple of brands of reputable American rifles shoot inside a yard at a hundred inches. Torquing guard screws, tweaking and tinkering with bedding and loads � no help, not a hint of the source of the problem after many hours, many dollars, many miles, many tufts of hair pulled out by the roots, and cuss words draped like leaves over every bush, TV antenna, clothesline, and power line in the county.<P>The 'smith's borescope with its angled tip revealed the problem � on one side of the throat in each of these rifles, the lands reached (intact) clear back to the mouth of the chamber, while on the other side of the throat, the lands didn't begin until quite some distance down the bore. Chambers were out of line with the axis of the bore. Some little bit of an alignment discrepancy, not detectible by simply squinting down the bore.<P>The obvious conclusion, amply clarified ad nauseam by posts on another thread, would seem to be that only those shooters with this particular problem � or their 'smith � should bother with such a costly item as a borescope. If you don't have the problem, you don't have to look for it. If you don't have to look for it, you don't need the doodad to look for it with. Simple.<P>NOW I get it! I get it! (Took a while.)

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.