Originally Posted by ingwe
My two main rimfires are both Ruger 77/22 and 77/17 in VBBZ, both wearing Burris 3x9 BPs...
Plain, utility working guns...but accurate as all get out.And Durable..
My "squirrel" shooting consists of ground squirrels out here, infestations can be quite "good" and 1,000 rounds per day through either rifle are not uncommon...
The rugers have been doing it without a bobble for years..but they are sure plain to look at... frown

Ingwe

Yeah Ingwe..

I'm in the same boat you are...Couple of Rugers, a CZ 452, and a pair of NEFs for rimfires.. Own 3 heavy barrel 10/22s for Seafire Jr and some of his friends to use..

Also a couple of Marlin Rimfires in 22 Mag and 17 HMR...
They are all as accurate as any of the rimfires as shown above....

but some of you boys have rigs that are just plain gorgeous!
makes my rigs look like trailer trash...

Going over to Klamath today to shoot squirrels with a buddy who has never shot them before.. I think he will be taking a dozen rifles or so...he is like a 10 yr old ready to go, even tho he is 63...

Myself, I am taking a 223, and a Model 94/22..between the two they will probably go thru 500 to 700 rounds today..

I've retired it, but for squirrel hunting when I lived in MN, I had a very old Savage 24 with a 22 on top ( that my grandfather actually shot out!) and a 410 on the bottom...

That 410 was the 'easiest' thing to hunt squirrels with on the planet. Unlike Oregon, 410 shells were dirt cheap in MN.
that little shot gun throws out a pattern about the size of a garbage can lid at about 30 yds...

you could nail a squirrel with a 'hip shot' from that shotgun anywhere within 50 yds...and using light 410 loads, it never seemed to penetrate the meat at all..

squirrel and wildrice made a pretty tasty meal...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez