The great thing about wildcats is that you can always build one. I recall reading aboout the 25 Copperhead, this was around the late 60s. In 1971, I built one on a Vixen action with a 22" barrel and used it extensively as I began calling coyotes in earnest. It was topped with a 3X Lyman PermaCenter and performed as Wooters had said with minimal pelt damage which was important as I sold any quality pelt.

Its a quiet cartridge, easy to handload and very effecitve. With the advent of light Barnes X bullets in 257 caliber, the rifle proved a good choice on javelina, Coues deer and mule deer. Alas, those great bullets have been discontinued.

My rifle is now on its third barrel and is still one of my preferred choices for many calling situations. Several friends have witnessed the wunders of the little rifle and have chambered custom rifles for themselves. Admittedly, it isn't going to be a popular chambering, no factory will offer one, but that diminishes not one whit how enjoyable the round has been and will continue to be.

1,992 coyotes since 1964
1,000,000 rounds downrange
1,250,000 motorcycle miles