Couple of other notes..

If you go through a taxidermist, he has to take time to talk to you, do the paperwork records required by his state game and fish, keep all that on file, clean the hide of meat and fat, buy the salt to salt it, say 20 bucks or salt or so give or take, box it up, ship it, ship it back and pay for the tanning...

You avoid a lot of that by going to a tannery direct. As a former taxidermist I prefferred folks going direct if they would, I couldn't charge enough to make it worth my time really. But then I charged what I felt was fair, not what I might could have....

As to not having it done right and bugs.... if its done right bugs can still get into it.... you have to keep your home pest free... dermestids eat protein, IE horns(not antlers) and the skin of the tanned hide, (not the hair) but once the skin is eaten from underneath... the hair has nothing to hold onto and falls off. Ducks and such the same. ITs nothing done wrong with the mount, its how the bugs work. Keep the house exterminated and you go a long way to never having to worry about it.

The olden days allowed arsenic to be put in or on the hides... that kept dermestids out forever.... but we know thats no longer safe or allowed. THere is nothing that a tannery or taxidermist can LEGALLY add these days to prevent them.

Just an FYI

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....