CT, if you feel the balance will suit you, they handle quickly. If you are not confined i.e. just to blind hunting in tight spaces and might shoot further, I'd chop at 22 or 22.5 if a std sporter contour. I had a 21" 7BR on an M7 and at .700 OD at muzzle, if felt perfect in it's deluxe wood stock. I had heft in the barrel for steadiness and heat control at the range, yet not muzzle heavy, more neutral.

The one 21" 700 was a Varmint BDL in a VLS stock, that gun felt/handled great in my hands, a few ounces saved, but shifting the balance point, got rid of a previous clumsy nose heavy rifle. They are a tad louder no doubt.

If I build another, and I can foresee a time in the future I may, then it will be likely 23", as much for blast and speed. A 21 will shoot fine though, but I'd opt for more than 18.5/20" they used on M7s, the round is not as high on expansion ration as say a 338 Fed, 358/350 would be so I like a tad more on small bores.

These are MY preferences but each has to decide what's best for them. I never regretted chopping my V down to 21, would do another every day of the week, my BDL/SS felt nice w/HS Sporter stock, but Full length Al bed block was a tad hefty, though it handled fine. If cutting another BDL/SS like that, it would be 22 or 22.5 for me, and a LIGHT MCM stock, or similar. THEN you'd have a faster handling gun yet, than the way my BDL was stocked.

BTW, I do believe the slighty shorter stiffer bbls enhanced accuracy/groups, but when you add a proper crown 11 degree, you cannot discount it's possible enhancements alone. It may be slight, but there.