Originally Posted by PatagoniaHunter
Hello ndtinker,

I have had various and still have one, one of the newest Porro 10x40 W GA, green rubber covered and with the last multicoating lens treatement. The first one was my first really good binocular. A Habicht 10x40 W I bought, used, in 1981. Was as I said my first good binocular and my only binocular for 20 years. And it would be still with me if it wasn�t stollen from my truck in 2001. From then I had 4 10x40, two of them rubber armored and another 8x30 not armored. One of these five was as old as my first one but the other four including the 8x30 were nitrogen filled and weather proof. All this Habicht porro were and are truly FIRST CLASS binoculars. In spite of the rather yellow view of the older ones single coated (made on porpouse to increase the contrast at down and dusk)all are EXELENT glass with optics on par with the newest top roof with optimal resolution and optical corrections. And built like a tank, indeed! And the last ones have the best multicoating with neutral and totally natural colours. Mine was bought also used but mint last year. Perfect! And practically equal to my Zeiss Victory FL 10x42 in optics and I think better mechanically...For me, one of the most underated binoculars and, new, costing at least 50% of the top of the lines Porro or Roof L, N, S or Z.

Regards

PH

I agree with all of this;the Swaro porro's are a fabulous binocular. I've hunted with a 10x40 back in the 80's,and used a guide's 7x42 a bit in Alaska.The 10x40 beat the pants off a 10x40 Zeiss Classic I owned at the same time. I have no idea why I don't own a pair now...... frown

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.