It's a free country, and obviuosly you can do what you wish ..

And bear in mind, I am half kidding around here-

but-

I am sure there is a special corner of hell reserved for folks that take classic VERY hard to find actions like g33/40s and stock them up in fiberglass(and probalby finish the metal in polymer or paint). Espeically with a Monte Carlo stock with a palm swell.

It is like making a candy apple red street rod out of a Rolls Royce. Or converting Supermarine Spitfire made into aerobatics plane..

A much better action for a modern Mauser build would truly be a Commercial Husqvarna Mauser. It's just as light and due to the Alumunium bottom metal and other features, they end themselves to a modern build.

I don't know what you paid for that G33/40 action, but by the time you factor in the all action work on the G33/40, what you could sell it for as is, you will probably wind up with a Husgvarna action for about $200 ready to barrel up and stock.

Plus, the Husky built lightweight Mauser will be just as valuable in the end, because you will negate the value of the G33/40 to 99% of the folks that even know what that action is, by putting it in a glass stock with a modern finish.

If you must build a modern sythntheic stocked lightweight from that action, carry on- I wish you well. It just pains me to see an action so idealy suited for a high end, classic wood stocked rifle used in a project like that when there are equally good alternative actions..

Last edited by jim62; 08/22/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt