Ok good morning
Sorry I was dragging last night and was on my way to bed when I posted .
So let me clarify .
The way Jukar � Spanish manufacture for CVA in Spain� set their breech plugs and bolsters is by machine. The the plug had a taper to it . The threads are also metric .
. The Button is nothing more then a way to set the barrel to the tank IE it�s a type of hook breech . Modifying that tang to fit a different hook breech is not a simple thing to do . It can be done but its not simple .
So your options IMO would be either find another factory barrel that will fit or get a new hook breeched barrel and have the dove tails cut , under rib installed and the matching tang inlet into your stock .
This may be you best option because the Bolster can then be drilled to match the fall of your lock . Where as if you get a factory CVA barrel , its bolster will already be drilled to match the nipple to their lock .
Now one could say well ,,,, Cap . I can change out the bolster .
Well the issue comes in that CVA uses a unique type of drum bolster . Finding a blank one is near impossible .
The other Plus to what Brent was talking about is that If your wanting to shoot conicals . Then you can also chose a barrel that will have a better twist rate .
Not to mention having a much better . Higher quality barrel to begin with .

[Linked Image]