I recently found a 333 12 guage Skeet model that had been restocked very badly with very nice wood. An exaggerated wide, flat long forend with a clubby buttstock that has a 'way too close pistol grip for me. Pull length is OK if I can move the PG back about 3/4", which shouldn't be too hard given how "overwooded" the thing is. Had a bad case of tang "gaposis," too.

These guns are absolutely reliable in lousy weather, so I'm remaking this one as a beater or rainy day gun and spare. Skeet chokes are fine for upland hunting, and I love 333s.

I'm slowly whittling away the excess wood and trying to shape the wood like my other 333 field gun. Beat the gaposis easily, thank heaven! (Big gaps in the inletting just won't do for a rainy day gun....). Hope to send it for checkering soon; won't try to duplicate the fugly Savage checkering but will keep it fairly coarse for function in wet conditions.

Maybe by the time I get her done I can figure out how to post before-and-after pix. But don't hold your breath--I'm better with wood than electrons!

Nice 20 ROMAC! You got a good 'un!