Blair,

The one safari where I saw a lot of AccuBonds used was a big cull shoot in South Africa, where the guy who owned the land contracted with a local butcher for 5 tons of game meat. The shooting was done by two groups of 10 or so American hunters over most of a month. Aside from the culling, the Americans also took a number of trophies.

The AccuBonds ranged in size from 140 7mm's to 250-grain 9.3's, and there wasn't a problem. Among other animals, I saw one guy take a big blue wildebeest with the 140 from his 7mm-08. One shot kill, bull went 75 yards and piled up. Another guy got the unoffocial "best shot of the hunt" award by taking 14 animals with a .338 Winchester Magnum and 225 AB's. The first 12 animals were one-shot kills, and included a blue wildebeest bull, three kudu bulls, a gemsbok bull and a waterbuck bull. The extra shots were fired on a springbok he finally hit a little off-center, at a blue wildebeest that he "tried to get fancy on" (his words) by shooting it in the head to preserve the hide for a rug. Missed the brain, but then dropped it with a chest shot.

I used a number of 250-grain 9.3's on animals from cull warthog to kudu and gemsbok bulls. All worked just fine, even on severe angling shots.

I haven't seen as many Scirocco II's used yet, but so far they have all done very well. The only difference between them and the original Scirocco's is that they aren't heated up as much, so the jacket stays harder.

I have sectioned both bullets and the SII does not have a thicker jacket than the AccuBond, in fact in many bullets the AB's jacket is thicker.

Construction of the AB's depends on diameter and weight. The heavier ones are designed to retain more weight, especially in larger diameters, just like Partitions.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck