My experience is also very limited( only whitetail and muledeer) with the Nosler Accubond but it has all been good(one shot kills using a 7mm Rem Mag and handloaded 160gr ABs).

Last year's mule deer buck was taken at 265 yds with the above mentioned gun and bullet leaving the muzzle at 3050 fps(tested over my chronograph). I would guess impact velocity was somewhere around 2600 - 2700 fps. The shot was quartering towards and the bullet impacted the front of the shoulder. The bullet was never recovered as it traveled the length of the animal and exited the opposite ham leaving a 3" dia. hole. The deer dropped instantly and slid 50 yds down a steep snow covered slope. Internal damage was impressive to say the least.

Wanting to find an accurate, bonded-core hunting bullet, I initially tried the Swift scirocco in both 7mm(150gr) and 30 cal.(165gr) configurations and could not get either bullet to shoot with consistent accuracy in my rifles.

Next logical choice for me was to try the Nosler AB based on the favorable comments regarding accuracy here on the "Campfire". I have found the Accubond to be very accurate(sub-MOA)in many different rifles and calibers unlike the sciroccos in my experience.

I know deer aren't much of a test for bullet toughness but if a bullet can penetrate stem to stern on a muledeer and encounter shoulder bone in and pelvis going out(that's nearly 40" of penetration), I'm not likely to worry to much about good performance on anything up to and including Elk size critters, YMMV.

Having said that, I agree with the opinion shared by many in this thread that you could just shoot a Nosler Partition and rest easy.

Happy hunting, Leftybolt

Last edited by leftybolt; 09/19/10.