Hi there, new to the forum. I wanted to warn everyone out there who dreams of owning a double rifle but doesn't have the resources to spend 6k plus on one, and thinks that Sabatti double rifles at cabela's are the answer.

My father was excited when finally, he could buy his boyhood dream double rifle for "only" 3 grand. He made a 300 mile trip to cabelas, traded in several of his guns to generate the capital to afford a sabatti, and got one.

Once he got it home, he noticed two MAJOR imperfections in each of the barrels. In addition, after 20 rounds, the gun had to be literally broken over a knee to open (think the motion of breaking a stick on your knee--yeah, that hard).

He took the gun back to cabelas, and they sent it to EAA in Florida. Yes, USSG (sabatti importer) is the same as EAA. When he got the gun back, they (EAA) had literally polished and cold-blued the barrel problems!!!!! They just tried to hide it!!!!The gun opened ok (for now).

Since the barrels were still messed up, my father looked at another sabatti. It too had the same type of barrel flaws as his did, and this BRAND NEW gun was extremely difficult to open after snapping on empty cases. The hammers are not being cocked soon enough and the firing pins are literally dragging across the primers!!!!! He got his money back, and is now just dreaming about a double again.

IF YOU PLAN ON SHOOTING YOUR SABATTI, DON'T GET A SABATTI--THEY ARE MADE OF INFERIOR MATERIALS AND ARE VERY LOW QUALITY. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!