Have any of you Shot the new M70? I would take a new M70 over a pre 64 any day. Here is why the new M70 is better than the pre64

Better Metallurgy. We have progressed way passed the Nickle Steel of the 1930's.

Unless gunsmithed the standard Pre64 receivers have a uneven matte/satin finish. and a different finish on the CR/Moly Barrel.

Tighter tolerances.

Hammer Forged Barrels.

New Safety geometry. Less prone to failure.

Anti-Bind Device. Say what you will about the Push feed guns but the post 64 contributed one very useful and far better designed Anti-Bind device.

Do you really want a stock from a pre64 that is set up for open sights?

What rifle has better wood for under $800?

I love the old M70 trigger, Simple, Easy to tune, and works all the time. However, how many have you buy a gun and immediately tinker with the trigger or have it gunsmithed? What factory trigger is better than the new Model 70 MOA trigger? It is user adjustable with a simple screw 3-5 pounds. It is entirely made of Coated Stainless. It is impossible for the three lever system have any creep, take up or over travel. And it is safe, with full SAAMI Spec sear engagement. For every pound you pull on the trigger it pulls 2 pounds down on the sear and for every thousandth of travel it moves the sear 2 thousands.

I am amazed at the number of people who comment about something and have not even seen one in person. I am even more amazed at the people who comment on accuracy that have not even shot one.

Please Stop! using the Military as a estimator of the value of a rifle. They don't buy the best they buy the cheapest they can get away with. Do you really think the Beretta M9 is the best pistol made? Remington is just the Cheapest bidder. Isn't that something to be proud of.

By a rifle because of an accuracy guarantee sounds like a bad idea to me. Are there rifle so bad they have to convince you they are good by offering a guarantee. When you by tires do you buy the best you can afford or do you by the Chinese no name brand that come with a guarantee never to go flat. When I worked in a gun shop we sent back more Tikkas for accuracy issues than any other rifle. Tikkas just charges you more so they can pay to replace the bads ones they take back.

My new M70's shoot better than .5 MOA. I just wish they made them in 264 Win Mag and 7x57.