Originally Posted by krp
This is the backpack section, we take stuff off guns not add. There's a lot of stuff that would be convenient... just not how it's done.

Most of us use tripods and big eyes/spotters... tripods do double duty for a rifle rest... a pack works also, even past 300 yds.

Kent

I hear you, and I agree. My point isn't that backpackers should ADD a bipod; it was more that if you are carrying a much heavier bipod, or not carrying a bipod due to weight but otherwise might, then this one might merit consideration.

It might be a better topic on the LR forum, since most backpack hunters aren't thinking in terms of longer shots I guess. Oops. Then again most LR shooters don't backpack. Maybe it's just a chitty topic! grin

I have a Harris; it's very nice. I was using it today on my Sendero. They are a whole other beast in terms of weight and packability ergonomics.

I have the points for a couple trophy hunts, really good tags, saved up. Just waiting for my brother to free up one of these years. As a longer term goal than just this season, getting proficient shooting cross-canyon is intrigueing to me; I'd like to do my trophy bull hunt in Hells Canyon and mule deer hunt down at Steens or Trout Creek Mtns down in far SE Oregon... I'm not sure if a bipod of any type makes the cut, because I like to move pretty light, but I know for DAMN sure a Harris isn't getting carried! Because I agree, shooting over a pack or even a baseball cap on a rock or whatever works pretty well.

The pack I carry elk hunting or on a big day hunt for deer is a Badlands Superday. It can end up pretty stuffed with layers AND have my shell strapped to the outside; the weather is that variable. It's also a pain to get off quickly if I've got full
foul-weather clothes on. So, it's not a great solution as a rest for me.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!