Hi gentlemen,

The 45 Super, developed in 1988 by Dean Grennell, another well known gun writer, is dimentionally identical to both the 45ACP (21K PSI) and the 45ACP +P (23K PSI), but it was created with a stronger case that can handle the higher pressures of about 28K to 39K PSI: See Wiki Link on .45 Super

I am wondering if there would be and ill effects if i shot .45 Super out of a new 1911 pistol or a tough Glock or S&W M&P .45??

Added Rationale: These new modern handguns were already designed to shoot at max pressures that a .357 sig, and .40 are in the 40k-44k pressure range and the .45 super is only sitting at 28k-39k range and the .45 acp is sitting at 21k. So will the gun handle it with a recoil spring and striker spring change?

If I were to send you a gun, what modifications and costs would be involved to get it right?
Appreciate your opinions!

P.S. I'd only want to shoot the .45 Super occassionally and maybe for the odd pig or deer, the rest of the time it would be .45 ACP +P ammo.

"The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization"-- Emerson

Support outdoor sports and our hunting-conservationist heritage; hunt with high morals and ethical standards