Originally Posted by Optimax90
Wow!! no kidding?? I got a ruger MkII .25-06 and they are .003 off the lands and that thing shoots great. (100gr. TSX )
I know the GMX bullet suggest .035 to .085 off the lands but never needed to try that. Got my .30-06 kissing the lands hard and it also shoots well, it does have signs of pressure.......

.003 off the lands you say? Do you have a device to measure ogive on bullets? The projectile part? If so I'd suggest measuring about 50 and see what max and min variations you get. That actually means that you are lucky with the sweet spot in your load and barrel harmonics because you are literally shooting some rounds with some freebore, some that are just touching and some that are jammed..

My rule of thumb has been do NOT go into the area of from .010 off to .010 engaged at all... either be that min in or off. That way each round you shoot will either be freebore or jammed in one amount or another. The pressure spikes and often the accuracy will thank you.

Of course you can't see the pressure variations unless hooked up to a gauge and unless you are loading max it would never bite you probably. And the accuracy differences... well you are dealing with a factory ruger to start with so it may not be noticeably differences in accuracy there either.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....