Originally Posted by atkinsonhunting
Period correct on a modern firearm??, that isn't even a pre 64..Any of todays scopes are period correct for your gun..I suppose if you wanted to get really technical you could go with a 2x7x33 Leupold or a 3X, 4X Leupold or even a 3x9, any varix 11 will work. Any K series Weaver.

Period correctness only applies to collector guns IMO, probably inferred by most as pre 1964..am I wrong on this?

Yes, you are wrong.

But thanks for the insult anyways Ray.

WTF is "modern" then?

Anything that uses smokeless powder?

Anything that uses a case?

Anything classified as "non repeater"

Where do you draw the line? If a guy has a nice pushfeed XTR M70 and he wants to rig it with something other than a set of talley's & a VX7 because he wants the look and performance it would have when his dad or uncle hunted with it I'm not going to have a problem with that.

Just looking for a little help on what rings would have been found on a hardware store shelf in 1965, that's all Ray.

It's a neat old rifle built before I was born and I'm 40, so it's not exactly a tupperware stocked rem 710 or an AR-15. It is what it is, a mid 60's average Joe deer rifle and I just want it to look like it would have if it were scoped up 45 years ago.

I have a scope that I like for it now, an early mid 60's Leupold vari x II 3-9X that I got from JB. And now I just want the base & rings to "fit in".

Something clever here.