Range Report
1st ILL describe the gun its a 40 x singleshot, BBl. looks to be original ( Drilled for sights) Marked .247 neck . Installed a leupold Base & Burris signature rings.trigger is a Timiney set under a lb. orig. wood stock, glass bedded with forend flattened off. Scope leupold 36x
Brass 220 russian lapua Unturned. the only thing I did to this brass was chamfer case mouth.
powder : random pick of 27.5 gr. of 2230 c
Bullet uncoated 53 gr. sierra .003 into the lands
primer Rem. 7 1/2
The Idea here was fireform brass, sight in gun , get experience with gun. I wont say that this is a benchrest rifle it isnt. I shot 3 shot groups. 1st went .256 & went up & down from there best grp. was .234 & worst that I didnt call was .356, I of course had some worse than that all the way to 1/2 " those were my fault Im no a benchrest shooter either. For fireforming Im happy ,it shoots about like my 40 x 223. I think Ill do better next time, with fireformed brass & will try diff. powders. Hope this helps. Still up in the air about the sass brass as its only 8cents a rnd. cheaper than lapua. Since Ill not be neck turning itll be simple to load for & you know what you have in lapua.