Originally Posted by shootem
Ignorance asking a question here. How'd you keep goop out of the front action bolt hole; both stock and action? Release agent on both holes and the bolt? Thanks

Shootem, that's an excellent question. Like VAnimrod said, plus you want to be extra carefull in that area and only put bedding material on the sides and a little (skim coat) on the backside of the recoil lug area. If you look at the pictures of when I applied the last of the JB I went pretty easy in that area. VAnimrod ran into that problem and he had to get dave and someone else to help him out of a tight spot. I use double release agent on the bolt and the hole of the recoil lug. Keep a close eye on the hole after you install the action. I was very lucky and didn't have too much of a problem with it getting into the hole. I did have to do like VA said and use a Q-tip and get it out before putting the action screw (angled bolt) in. After carefully removing the small amount of JB from around the hole, I swabbed it out with some of the blue release agent from a brownells accraglass kit I had left over. I like plenty of that stuff on the angled action screw, so when I go to take it apart it breaks free pretty easy. Hope that helps a little. BSA.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA