Today was not the best weather, steady 10-12mph winds with gusts around 25 so I tried to shoot between gusts. I loaded up some rounds with Ingwe's magic dust in 3x fired brass and headed over the hill. I set the target up at 25yds as I had just mounted my old range standby, VariX-II 4-12x40. The barrel was cleaned to the bone prior to shooting. 2 rounds had me in good postion on the paper so I took the target out to 100yds. I got comfortable on the bags and fired 3 rounds with no cool down between rounds, I really wasn't expecting much. Prior to bedding this gun was just over MOA with 1 load, Federal Blue Box 180's, everything else was 2"-3" reliably.

Action screws were torqued front @ 65in/lbs, rear @ 50in/lbs, middle just barely in the action.

Imagine my surprise with my 1st 3 shot group postbedding!

[Linked Image]

Thanks for taking the time to make this thread, without it I would not have bedded this rifle and it would have sat in the safe unused.

I'll wind up bedding every rifle I own! So far I have done two, both 30/06's, and the difference in unreal in how they group.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.