You would have to give me a link so I can read it in context. Not a slam on you but Archeologists have a way of writing history the way they want. I have never heard of Yaquis being an Az indian and I have researched this subject as far as Az my entire life. I'm not googling anything, just going off what I've learned from many sources.

I can tell what kind of indian they were by the ruin. Gilas were distinct from Hohokam in that they used layed out ruins (rock) but cremated like Hohokam. Hohokam used an adobe type of building, all dirt and mud, but they were like Aztecs a little in that they had big ball fields they played in... very civilized and huge ruins, extensive irrigation canals we still use today in my city. Salado were much like Anasazi, Rock buildings and regular dug burials, probably their descendants, though they were close to the Hohokam in location, they were far apart in culture. All farming community cultures.

Even in our culture today we honor these people with our own culture and place names. Yaquis isn't ever discussed or named.

Need a link.

Kent