I suspect that all of the good guides are booked for 2011, unless there is a last minute cancellation, in which case you might get it at a discount. Probably 2012 is booked for the best hunt dates. I have found that for SE AK boat hunts, the 2nd brown bear hunt, about May 10th to 20th, is the best hunt. The rut has or will be about to start, bores are out, hides on many will be OK. Hunts in the fall are on the streams; it usually rains daily, sometimes so heavy that the fish are washed right out of the steams...so hnting can turn poor. You wade the streams & shots can be very, very close. I have been on 2 brwonie boat hunts, 2 black bear hunts, and will return next May for another black bear hunt. You can contact the Alaska License Dept for a list of guides, locate the area you want to hunt, then start contacts. My advice is to follow up VERY carefully on references, last 4 years only, & look for hunters that have returned to hunt with the guide a second time. I can personally recommend Brad Dennison out of Sitka, Eli Lucas out of Petesburg; also check Dale Adams out of Sitka. There are NO cheap brown bear hunts.....and USE ENOUGH GUN! Hope this helps/ Chaz