Originally Posted by Eremicus
Yes, at least some of them were work trucks. But I do know a really hard core desert nut or two that bought them strickly as off road/hunting/camping vehicles. At least one of them, bought a replacement when he wore out his first.
I've owned a couple of 3/4 ton, 4X4's. In snow and ice, they seem to work better than the lighter Jeeps simply because they are heavier. Helps them bite through the ice, etc.
Never met a 3/4 ton truck that could fit into really tight places like a Jeep or ride nearly as nicely as the Jeep Wranglers do off road. Driver fatigue can be a factor I've learned. E

could be different down your way, was just referring to Montana or atleast my corner of it.....that style bed is almost always on a ranch or work truck, course round here if you have a dedicated hunting rig there is a good chance its 20 years old......most just use whatever truck they drive the rest of the year.....

havent used a 3/4 ton for hunting, just 1/2 tons, have used my FIL's CJ7 and my Cherokee.....will say the short wheel base is handy at times.....in all honesty for chasing big game i prefer the truck just for the storage space, ive got a CJ5 for warm weather varmint shooting and as i said my FIL's CJ7 but i think we have only took the 7 out for one or two weekends in the last 8 years...in certain circumstances the short wheel base is great but more often than not the trucks benefits win out....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books