Originally Posted by Cheesy

SamO-is that a DewEze? Can't tell from the pic. If so, they're built not far from where I live, everybody that runs beef cows around here has them on their trucks.

They work really well for loading 4-wheelers as well. A chain from one arm goes to the rear rack, the other arm gets chained to the front rack, and then you just lift it onto the bed. No ramps needed.

For hunting though, I'd rather have a conventional bed. We just haul coolers/totes/propane tanks, so a flat bed would have to be configured with side rails to hold it all in for the long trips.

Cheesy, that's a Hydrabed, my dad used to have a F250 with a DewEze and it was okay but the Hydra is alot stouter and works great.

And like you say they work really well for loading 4 wheelers.

I also gotta agree that I'd much rather have a regular box on a pickup for bombing around the hills. Easy to loose chit on a flatbed if it ain't tied down.

Just for fun last Friday I priced out a new diesel F350. $46k for a regular cab dually, chassis only. Figure another $9k for a Hydra...way too rich for my blood!

If you're really into hunting get a flatbed complete with an automatic feeder.

I hear they're real popular down in Texas....(grin)

[Linked Image]