Does anybody else find it amazing what a disparity there is in the load data for this cartridge??

It doesn't seem like the case capacity difference between the 6.5-284 Win (short throat) and Norma would make such a big difference... take for instance the Nosler 130 info vs. the Hodgdon 129 gr info for IMR-4350; 50 gr max for the former, 45.9 gr max for the latter. And the NAB used in the former info is typically "stickier" than the 129 gr Interlock used in the latter... weird.

In looking over the Hodgdon data Hybrid 100V caught my eye as being a constistent top performer in the cartridge, yet I see no no mention of it anywhere. Is this another anomoly that can be chalked up to the difference between the Win & Norma iterations of the cartridge?

I'm with dennis... that 107 gr SMK at a high rate of speed seems to me like an insanely awesome 'yote killer!

I'm working something up for 129 gr SSTs. My Savage 112 BVSS has a long action and "Norma" throat. I've got H4831SC & RL-17 & intend to purchase (due to the preferences of other rifles) some IMR-4350 & RL-19... anyone have any suggestions? Anyone have numbers for 129s/130s and RL-17?

Also, has anyone tried Ramshot Magnum in this cartridge at all?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Great discussion all! Merry Christmas!