I lost over a third of my first Krieger barrel chasing the holy grail of accuracy and extreme spread. Never again.

Checking my notes, I tried H-4350, H-4831, H-1000, 7828,(before SSC)R-19, R-22, R-25, Magnum, VV-165, Retumbo, and maybe others. Plus Sierras, Bergers, primers, seating depths, neck tension, blah,blah,blah....

I ended up just buying 48 pounds of H-4831SC, Lapua brass(a given) Fed 210M's, seat 'em into the lands and give'er hell. Sierra's accuracy was at 3060, the Bergers were at two grains less. Actually, the Bergers are at the same charge weight that JB found shot the best with his ER Shaw barreled gun he wrote about in TVH mag.

The advantage to buying a large lot of powder is that there's no guessing when you get a new barrel. You know where to start and where you'll probably end up.I shoot the same load now in all of 'em, whether it's an 18" XP or a 31" comp gun.

How's this for a test bed....62 pounds worth. Bat dual port action, Jewell trigger, cast/stainless 42# stock with an 8" forend, 3" butt, 31 inch 13 pound 1.45" straight, barrel blocked 8 twist Broughton, 12x42 NF in Kelbly rings on a Bat 50 MOA base.

[Linked Image]