I would never criticize anyone for using Partition as I have been a fan of them for a long time. I see no down side, except perhaps the cost.
However....
I started using a Whelen In 1987 or 88. It continues to impress me with it's effective performance on game. I have used it on whitetails, muleys, moose, & elk.
I have come to believe that the modest velocities of the Whelen, make of any of the standard (200-250gr) Hornady, Sierra, Speer, etc offerings, good hunting choices. I have yet to recover a 250 gr HornadySP (my go to bullet) from a game animal.
I used Partitions in the Whelen on a few hunts, with no disappointments. Ditto for the 200 & 250 gr Hornadys. As I do try to shoot a lot, and the Hornadys have worked every time, I have yet to see a downside in using them.....period.
Tho I have never used them, I would bet that you could use a 250 gr RN, to 300 yards out of a Whelen, and any game animal would be just as dead.
As you creep towards 3000 fps, and above, the Partition really begins to shine, not likely with a Whelen. I am also a big fan of the 270, wherein the Partition does gets the nod, most of the time. Which rifle goes on the hunt often depends on my mood, or the particulars of that day.
My confidence in a 270 loaded with Partitions, or a Whelen loaded with 200 or 250 Gr Hornady's is very high, for most situations.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.