Buddha,

To the other side of your question I used 160 Accubonds at about 2750 fps out of my 7-08 a couple of years ago on a combined elk/muley hunt. Unfortunately, no elk but I did get a 2 year old buck at a lasered 200 yds.

Of course, it was much smaller than an elk but it was an extreme rear quartering shot with the bullet entering behind the ribs on the right side and exiting the lower left front shoulder. I didn't find the bullet. The bullet destroyed everything inside and left about a 1/2" exit hole in the shoulder--this after expanding and blowing through everything in between. He dropped in his own shadow.

I don't know your ballistics or what range you might shoot at but my Accubond should have been going right around 2400 fps at impact. While one shot does not a wealth of experience make, I was very impressed with the results. Oh yeah, they are also one of the 2 most accurate bullets out of my Kimber (162 A-Max being the other).

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...