Hi Guys, I could use some advice before I go see a gun a fellow wants to sell. My buddy saw it, and here is what he reports. Go ahead and say "UGH!" now and save yourself some time.

He says the gun is in fine condition (one ding on the side of the buttstock)and says Savage 1899 on the receiver (not 99). He also said he thinks it is a pistol grip stock. He says the barrel reads ".410". I asked him what the other barrel said, and he replied, "what other barrel?" UGH! So, what is there is an 1899 missing its rifle barrel but with a .410 barrel. It does have the forearm.

So what an I left with? A gun good for parting out as a barrel & forearm plus a receiver and buttstock? I cannot find where Savage made an 1899 as a single shot shotgun, but I have been known to be wrong many times before. I told my buddy that when he is arranging for me to go see it, to tell the guy to go see if the other barrel is around somewhere. His dad died and left him the guns, and the only one not military was this Savage.

If the gun is in decent shape, say 90%, is it worth $300.00 as it sits? I figure someone would want the barrel/forearm alone for some of that money? Apparently the receiver isn't drilled. I could REALLY use some advice on what to offer the guy. Many thanks, and God Bless, Marc