Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Just so that I was clear, I just got off the phone with SSK (740-264-0176) and was quoted $700 for them to provide a barrel, my choice of Douglas or Shilen, in my choice of contours, chambered, fitted to my Winchester/USRA 70 Ultimate Shadow action, and cut/crowned. $700 still seems like a high price for that amount of work to me, but maybe I'm still living in the 1970s.

I do most of my own 'smithing, but do outsource those jobs that I can't or don't care to do. I'm happy with the value, quality, and price of the 'smiths who I do outsource to and happy with the quality of work that I do for myself.

If you get a line on those $250 Remington 700s, please let me know, I need a few more donor actions to keep my project list going for the next few months.

Jeff

700 dollars for that work with SSK providing the barrel is not a bad price at all IMHO and experience for top quality work

In fact is is a hell of a good price for a wildcat since you are not having to also buy the reamer

Last edited by jwp475; 01/05/11.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first