Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Yukonal,

Am learning about Leupold's latest offerings. Unless I missed something, I think the VX-3 4.5-14AO is a 30mm scope and I don't see the CDS offered on that model. The VX-3 4.5-14 in 1" tube, for some reason, has only a 19' FOV at lowest power.DF

Farmer-I have both, and had M-1's installed on both at the same time, at Leupold. The 1"-4.5-14X40AO has an adjustable objective lens.

The 30mm 4.5-14X40LR has the side focus.

Now, if one or both of them isn't offered w/CDS, you can buy what you can find, and send it to Leupold to have CDS dials installed. I believe they will do it to any VX3 model.

As far as elevation correction is concerned...as the 2 other posters commented, it's a moot point. A quick example, without looking the charts back up, my 708 at 500 yards here in MN (980 elevation) compared to 6000' elevation in Alaska was only 2" different. Moot point. Look around in some ballistic calculators online, and compare some numbers for where you shoot, to where you could possibly go, and see what the difference is.

Also want to add, the only reason I suggested the 4.5-14, is because I like the extra power for target practice at 300 and 400 yards, which is about all I shoot after load developement is done. Didn't mean to sway you that way. 3.5-10 is a super scope. Hold 'em side by side at your dealer, and see which one you like best.

Last edited by yukonal; 01/12/11.

Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...