3.5 inch 10s just flat outkill 3.5 inch 12s. Always have. The 3.5 12 is like a 3 inch 410 IMHO. Works ok, but there is better out there.

The cost difference of shells isn't enough for me to worry about vs how many get shot a year, a couple of cases of shells of 10 ga wouldn't start to even cover my fuel bills for the vehicle, never mind the airboat.....and lodging and food..

I only have a BPS 10 at this time, but I can consistently kill furhter with it than with any 12 I've shot.

I'm in the same boat.. which semi 10 to buy? All the research I've read says SP10 by a hair over the Gold 10. Bottom line both seem like they'll have hiccups but do fine. I have a well beaten 11-87 that everyone says is junk, but its never missed a lick yet and I had a misfeed twice the other weekend with an 870, but never the 11-87. And I've seen a few benellis go down in teh field and or need to be cleaned while hunting with them so I'm not sold that they are the end all either...

Is a 10 big and heavy, yeah, but not so much that it really makes a difference to me.. my BPS has a short barrel and that makes a lot of difference over the 30 inch it came with....

The question to the end of this... do you REALLY need the 10, and if so its by far a better choice thna the long 12s. But in reality most all the hunting most folks do can be covered by a 3 inch 12 of your choice.

As far as ammo availability, I'm not one to be looking for a few boxes, I either load or buy by the case for each year.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....