Ed,

No doubt the KU packs are capable of carrying weight. Just wondering how they would hold up to buttslides down hillsides and what not. I really want one, but am a little apprehensive to throw down the coin without atleast a couple years of testing by more than a few. No doubt Patrick pick some great people to put it through the paces. But as far as wear and tear remains to be seen. Heck I have holes in my MR 6500 after just two season as crampons, rocks, ice axes, and what not all seem to find their way to a pack at some point.

Very much look forward to hearing the reviews from both Kuiu and Kifaru on these new packs. Worst case, I end up hauling an extra 4 pounds up and down the mountains for a few years waiting for the packs to prove themselves. wink

Besides hopefully by then Kifaru will have a KU 7000 or something as I have a heck of a time fitting all my gear for a week and an animal with meat and cape in 6500 inches with stuff strappsed to the outside and the collar fully extended. Hard to imagine trying to squeeze it into a 5200 wink.